Created to keep in touch with family and friends.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Florence

This place is okay. A bit less crowded so far compared to last May. It was great being up early to get to the Uffizi because on the way we got to see the Duomo area in the beautiful morning sun without the crowds. After the Uffizi went over the Ponte Vecchio after showing Moe the Hermitage, a place that Annie and Liz and Mark and I have stayed and loved before. As Moe said we did explore the other side of the Arno. Up the hill to St Miniato and the Poggio area that has spectalcular views of Florence. I led us of course on the way back and we ended up walking more but did find a great road that took us down the Forte Belvedere and then back across the Arno heading back home by way of Santa Croce where there was a outdoor market fair thing going on.
We had a full day already but Moe and I have been wanting to go to Fiesole, a small town above Florence and we were not disappointed. I would recommend it for anyone visiting this place.
Speaking of recommendations, and I have pictures to show when I get home, the place we ate at, La Giostra was my new favorite place to eat here. It was recommended by someone I know. Mark, we are eating at Quato Leone tomorrow. We love food. The place we are staying is charming and not too expensive. Very nice staff and free internet. More later. Hope everyone is well..........miss you guys.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

WOW! You guys are having an awsome time.