Created to keep in touch with family and friends.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update from Provence

Hello everyone, Annie here. Im having difficulty with this French keyboard -- Id never pass a typing test here. Thankfully, Judys by my side guiding me. Were having a wonderful time here in Provence, food is wonderful as is the wine and the sites of course.

Flying to Ireland was an ordeal as flights were delayed and then they lost our bags. Had a very nice visit with the family in Ireland and Birmingham. Scott, I hope youre home safe and sound and that your blisters from your walk to Spiddel in the rain and in your sandals have finally healed. I trust our trip home will be easier than yours.

We finally did a load of laundry last night, jeans, pants, etc. which we needed to do. Everything went fine till Maureen was getting ready for bed and tried to clean her face with astringent only to find that she used the bottle of astringent in our wash and had only the laundry detergent to clean her face with!!

Went to the cutest town yesterday, Le Baux, built on a mountain. I enjoyed a wonderful omelette for lunch and my shadows both had crepes which they thoroughly enjoyed too. Great little town, also did the Market place in St. Remy -- great tablecloths, fresh fruit and vegees, much larger than the weekly Farmers Market I know you frequent there at home. I wasnùt as excited about Arles, reminded me of Cuba.

Were off to Nice tomorrow. So far, were getting along very well, unless Maureen or Judy told you otherwise, then Ill say theyre being difficult. In case you havzent noticed, Ive yet to find the apostrophe on this keyboard. Thats all for now, we hope youre all well.

Annie

No comments: